Monday, January 11, 2016

2015 Wrap-up & Plans for 2016 Challenges



I really have not had the chance to wrap up 2015 on this blog or truly begin 2016. Some things just went a little haywire at the end of 2015 for me so, now I can ease into this a bit better.

Anyway, in 2015 I took on a few reading challenges, Here are my results:

Goodreads Reading Challenge: I ended up reading 99 of the 104 books I planned to read. That was like right at the finish line and getting second place. I shall prevail this year!

The Oddity Challenge (with The Bookshelf Gargoyle): I managed to blow this one out of the water. There were only 6 categories and I did all of those and then some. That was fun!

The Net Galley Challenge: I seriously stunk at this one. I read so many hard/soft cover books that reading on my Kindle or (shudder) PDF is simply not the thing I generally do.  I did read a few titles and have some in cue for 2016. I will unlikely do the challenge again.

What's In A Name Challenge (with The Book Worm Hole): I did really well with this one too. Again, there were 6 categories and I finished 5.

Reading Local Heroes Challenge: I failed this one miserably. I just did not work hard enough to read local heroes. Part of my challenge here was that I moved states after I had begun one state. I did manage to get one good book read for this challenge but that was it.
-------------------

Moving on into 2016, I have planned a few challenges for reading but not as many. I want to read because I like to and I like to review, not because I am in some challenge. Having said that, this is what I have planned thus far:

Goodreads Reading Challenge: I have decided to lessen the books to 75 this year. If I do more (which is likely) then great!

Reading Local Heroes: I am not sure this is an actual challenge this year, but I am going to attempt to do 3-5. I will have to do a bit of research.

Title Fight Reading Challenge: This one is being hosted by The Bookshelf Gargoyle. I was not sure if I was going to take this one on this year. However, heck, why not?

So, that is it for now. If something else comes along that I like, I may or may not do them too.

~Naila Moon

No comments: