Saturday, September 6, 2014

Tag, your it! My top 10 books.

This Summer there have been a lot of tag challenges going around Facebook. They have been fun, inspiring, and sometimes down right funny.



Just this week I was tagged by my friend, Rebecca to do the "10 Books Challenge" were I share 10 books that has stayed with me throughout my life for whatever reason.
The challenge did not say that I had to tell why, but I thought why not? So, I decided to use this challenge for this blog as it fits perfectly. Note: If you click on the book, it will take you to a link to buy it too. (For the record, I have no affiliation links)

So, here I go...

1. Daddy Long Legs-this book has resonated with me for years. I read the book around middle school years and it stuck. It is really my favorite book of all time. I loved the girl wrote letters to an unknown sponsor. She spoke of life, love, and angst.

2. The Giving Tree-I have always loved Shel Silverstein from the first time I read his books. This book in particular I love because it speaks of giving from the heart everything you have. It also represents using what you have and are given wisely.

3. If You Give A Mouse A Cookie-this book is just fun and quirky. I actually like the whole series that started with this book. It shows that sometimes you get in an endless loop of being asked for things and it may never end.

4. The True Story of the Three Little Pigs-I have always liked the fairy tale of the three pigs. However, this telling of the classic tale I adore. I love that the wolf tells the story of what happened from his perspective.

5. The Hardy Boys Mysteries-I know this is not just one book but I loved this series. I used to own several of the books when I was a kid and read them so much they were totally dog eared. The mysteries intrigued me but did not bog me down. I recently found a independently owned book store that has almost all of the books. I would like to own and read them again.

6. Nancy Drew Mysteries-I love these pretty much for the same reason as #5 except it was a girl! Growing up, this was important for me to relate to.

7. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown-seriously, who does not like Snoopy and the gang? If you know me at all, you know I love Snoopy! This is one of my favorites of the cartoon version. I love that Linus mistakes Snoopy for the Great Pumpkin. This book was also a gift given to me by my husband and has a prominent place in our home every Halloween.

8. Yellow Star-this book I have only read this year but is for sure among my favorites. I am interested in the stories of holocaust survivors. I feel their stories need to be heard so those atrocities never happen again but also so they are remembered. This book is told in first person narrative and is good but heart breaking too.

9. Stillwell: A Haunting On Long Island-although this book is from one of the authors I represent, I really do like this book.I like the ghostly story mixed with just a bit of love story. It is sweet and timeless. In addition, I just like how the author weaves words.

10. Autobiographies/Biographies-I know this is not a book but a genre. I love reading all sorts of books from this genre of which there have been too many to mention. If I find someone interesting, I will read about them.

Many books could be on this list but this is my top selections Who knows they can always change.
So, who to tag now...

Happy reading!
Naila Moon

No comments: