Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Review: Mighty Dads by Joan Holub Illustrated by James Dean


Summary:

Mighty dads, strong and tall,
help their children, young and small.
They keep them safe and bolted tight
and show them how to build things right.
Inventively told through James Dean's colorful construction vehicle characters, MIGHTY DADS is an adoring dedication to hard working fathers and the subtle ways they teach their boys and girls to follow in their tracks. The Dump Trucks learn to get dirty. Crane keeps his little one safe from harm. The busy Cement Mixer gives his daughter a hug. The Forklift cheers his son on.
A surprising and touching view of a father's love for his children, MIGHTY DADS is the perfect way to say: I'm proud of you!

My review:

I absolutely adored this book!  First of all, the pictures from illustrator, James Dean, were bright, colorful, and bold. I loved how he made the "children" tiny but obviously worked hard while helping their "dad".

The author, Joan Holub, made each page a semi-rhyme...no pun intended...and had the action in bold letters.  I could hear many children imitating the sounds as I read. In fact, each page made me smile right on into the next page.

I also liked the fact that the little ones did the same work as the "dads" but in smaller scale. Yet, "dads" kept encouraging each to do their best and keep going which would ultimately result in work well done.

As it is now heading into Father's Day at the time of my review, this is the perfect book for Dad's to read and share with their children. For that matter, to share any time! This book is a winner!

5 stars!

Disclosure:I received a copy of this book in exchange for my open and honest opinion. The views expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from yours.

Where to find the author:




No comments: