Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review of T-Bone The Flying Horse



In her first debut book, Janice Virant writes about a horse named T-Bone. Although, T-Bone is based on her real life horse, this story is anything but real.

The story begins rather sadly as T-Bone dreams of being a racehorse but cannot because he is too slow and because there is no one to love him.

Later on he gets his wish to be loved and is adopted by a young girl, who just happens to be sad and lonely too. Together they go on magical adventurers when T-Bone grows wings! They become good friends and are not lonely any longer.
________

I wish that I could say I liked this book better but I don't.

I actually had issue with the fact that the book starts out so sad. It takes a few pages for things to get happy. Also, I felt the illustrations were somewhat cheesy as they look like they could have been done by a kid.

The best thing about this book was written in poetic rhyme and is really the main emphasis of the book.

I do wish Janice Virant well and hope she keeps writing but unfortunately, I can only give this book 2 stars.
~Naila Moon

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book for free for my open and honest opinion. The opinion expressed here are 100% my own.

No comments: