Thursday, April 6, 2017

(This Little) Explorer by Joan Holub #boardbooks #toddlers #AtoZblogchallenge #E



Summary:
Learn all about the most influential explorers who searched the world far and wide in this engaging and colorful board book perfect for pioneers-in-training!

Little explorers discover a great big world. 

The youngest adventurers can learn about the greatest explorers in history with this bright and playful board book. Highlighting ten memorable pioneers, parents and young discoverers alike will love sharing this fun historical primer full of age-appropriate facts and bold illustrations


My review:
I have read and reviewed many of Joan Holub's books. I admittedly am a huge fan and cannot get enough of her writings. This book is the second in her new series of board books for toddlers.
My grandson loved her first book and I know he is going to love this one too.

The author writes in poetry about  a certain explorer on the left side of the page, she names him or her, and then explains what they did for exploration. On the right side she explains further what the explorer was famous for. One of my favorites is Amelia Earhart. Another would be Neil Armstrong.
The writing style is perfection which only Joan Holub could do.

All of the explorers are made in cartoonish kind of style which would be quite appealing to a toddler. A couple of them made me chuckle because they reminded me of "Kenny" fame.
The colors are mainly in primary colors  with only slight variation which no doubt intentional. The book is chunky and stiff, perfect for a toddler's hand. This illustrator has a winner here.

Great as always. I cannot wait to give this 5 star book to my grandchild!


Disclosure: I received this book from the author for free. The views expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~M.M. Hudson aka Naila Moon


No comments: